Canon Pixma MX490 Setup
Canon Pixma MX490 is a small and compact printer with the latest and advanced printing features. Hence, the user can efficiently perform the following operations: printing, scanning, copying, and faxing. It is compatible with both wired and wireless connections. It is also a multi-function printer; thus, the user can easily perform all printer-related tasks in a hassle-free manner.
Canon Pixma MX490 is an excellent printing machine ideal for small office and family use. Therefore, users looking for a low-budget printing machine should prefer purchasing Canon Pixma MX490. Also, it supports the 3.0 and 2.0 USB, Bluetooth, and Wireless connectivity features.
Additionally, the Canon Pixma supports both colored and grayscale prints with a fast printing speed of 35ppm. Moreover, the users can print the document from the device connected via Bluetooth or wireless connectivity. Along with this, the user can perform the printing task virtually anywhere around their home or workplace.
Canon Pixma MX490 Setup
The Canon Pixma MX490 enables users to print wirelessly from their compatible devices such as smartphones or tablets. Also, the users perform the printing task from their Windows and Mac operating system. Therefore, all users must carry out the following steps provided below regarding the Canon Pixma MX490 setup.
Note: Before proceeding further with the Wireless canon printer setup, the users are suggested to examine the following steps.
- Make sure that the printer is “ON.”
- Then, press the “Setup” option provided on the printer.
- Now through the navigation button, navigate and select the “Wireless LAN Setup” option.
- Then hit the “OK” button.
- Now, the printer will start searching for compatible wireless routers automatically.
- Then, choose the one from the methods displayed on the screen, i.e., “Push Button Method” or “Other Setup.”
Push Button Method
Note: Connection using the “WPS” button.
Following are the steps that the user must follow to accomplish the Canon Pixma MX490 setup process via the “Push Button” Method.
- The users are suggested to press and hold the “WPS” button located on the wireless router.
- Then on the printer, press the “OK” button within 2 minutes.
- Now when a pop-up screen appears, then from there, press the “OK” button.
- Then the users are suggested to press the “Copy” button.
So, after performing the steps provided above, the network connection setup gets completed.
Wireless Connection Method
Mentioned below are the setup methods that lie under the “Other Setup Method.”
Connection using WPS (PIN Code)
Execute the following steps discussed below to complete the Pixma MX490 setup procedure.
- Firstly, through the navigation button, choose the “Other Setup” option and then hit on the “OK” button.
- After that, select the “WPS (PIN Code)” and hit the “OK” button.
- Now the users are advised to follow the on-screen instructions on the device and set the “PIN Code” to the wireless network router.
- After this, when the pop-up window appears on the screen, click on the “OK” button.
At last, hit the “Copy” button on the printer.
Connection through the Cableless Setup
- First of all, choose the “Other setup” option.
- After that, press the “OK” option.
- Then, choose the “Cableless Setup” option.
- Now again, click on the “OK” option.
- After the printer preparation gets finished, then a new screen will get open.
- Then the users are recommended to follow the on-screen prompts and proceed further with the Canon Pixma MX490 setup process.
So, the entire piece of information describes the ways regarding the Canon Pixma MX490 Printer Setup. However, any users face problems with the setup procedure due to any technical hitches, then contact the canon customer service team. The professionals have years of experience and will guide the user throughout the Canon Pixma MX490 setup procedure. And if you want to download canon printer drivers, visit canon.com/ijsetup.