Enter Printer Model
Enter Printer Model
Install into your System
Canon is a well-known brand ruling the market for years. It is quite popular for its extensive and powerful collection of printers. These printers are designed with a wide range of features that help you to have a pleasant printing experience. With time and growing technology, Canon printers have also grown from basic to multi-function. Apart from printing, you can now use your printer for other functions too such as copy, scan, fax, etc. Its easy-to-use interface makes the printing fun and effective. After purchasing the brand new printer, you need to perform the setup procedure. In order to start with the printing and other functions, you have to download and install the printer driver via “canon.com/ijsetup”. To enjoy a seamless canon printer setup and printing, follow the directions provided in this article.
Preparations and Precautions for Installing the Printer Driver
For experiencing the trouble-free and smooth installation of your canon.com/ijsetup driver, you must prepare your system beforehand. Also, taking a few precautions will help in avoiding errors. The following are the preparations and precautions that you must keep in your mind while you set up your Canon printer.
- There needs to be enough space for the download and installation of the Canon Printer Drivers in your computer system.
- Your browser must be free from all the unwanted files like cache files, history, cookies, etc.
- Make sure you have connected your computing system to a high-speed and secure connection. Canon.com/ijsetup printer driver is not available to download on a public connection.
- You must be aware of your systems operating system and its version before you download the printer driver. This will help you to download the compatible driver.
- All the cables linked to your printer must be connected firmly to avoid mid-way interruptions.
- Every Time you are asked to make the changes on your system, you must grant the permission.
- If needed to remove the firewall blocking, do so by unblocking it.
- Your system must fulfill all the required canon.com/ijsetup driver requirements.
- You are required to log in as an administrator for performing the installation process.
Canon Printer Driver: A Quick Guide For Download and Install
Download via canon.com/ijsetup
Prior to installation, you have to download the canon printer drivers setup file. The download is a quick and convenient procedure if performed via “canon.com/ijsetup”. Canon.com/ijsetup is a web address for the Canon printer driver window. It is a one-stop platform for all the printer driver needs and requirements. You can manually find the correct printer driver for your Canon printer using this web address. To know more about the process, take a look at the instructions mentioned below.
- Access an internet browser on your computer system and step ahead to the download webpage using “canon.com/ijsetup”. You need to enter this URL into the address field and tap the Enter key in order to redirect.
- Once you redirect, click the “Setup” tab followed by typing in your printer model.
- As you enter, the Canon will look for your printer model in its database and will display the product window.
- At times, you might get the printer setup screen instead of getting the download link directly.
- If you get so, then press the “Start” button and move along the on-screen instructions to prepare your printer. Move along the video guide on your screen and click “Next” to move ahead with each step.
- After you are done performing all the functions, click the “Connect” tab from the lower-right corner.
- By doing so, the download link will come into your view. You can click the red colored download and the process will begin. However, you are first required to choose the correct operating system. The tab for OS is positioned on the bottom-left corner. Make the selection and commence the download.
- Wait until the printer driver download process is in progress. The download will take a couple of minutes to complete.
After downloading the Canon Printer Setup File, you need to install it and begin the work. Installation is the final stage of the setup and the crucial one. Each step of the process is required to be followed carefully for the error-free process.
- Once the download is completed, you have to access the file and launch it.
- The popup will now appear to seek your permission. After permitting the application, the installer will run on your system.
- As you move ahead from the welcome window, you will see options prompting on your screen for establishing a link between your system and printer. Choosing the preferred method and following the on-screen instructions will help you to form a connection.
- After connection, make a selection for your printer from the list of available options.
- Later in the process, you have to select the canon software you want to install by hitting their individual checkboxes.
- There are a few more functions that you need to perform such as reading the license agreement, executing the print test, and more. Fulfill the required functions and conclude the installation process of canon.com/ijsetup driver.
How to Perform Printing With Your Canon Printer After Installing the Printer Driver?
Printing is the basic function for which the printers are designed. Printing the pictures and other documents to need expert guidance. The following are the instructions provided for the same. The given information will help you to perform the printing with your Canon Printer conveniently and quickly. Make sure you are done downloading the printer driver via “canon.com/ijsetup” and installing it on your system.
- Add a Printer:
For printing, you need to add your printer to your computer system after completing the printer setup. To do so-
- Proceed to the control panel and make the selection of the “Hardware and Sound” section.
- Then, select the “Devices and Printer” option and you will reach the device window.
- Next, you have to click the “Add a Printer” link which is positioned on the top.
- As you click, your system will commence its search for your printer. If your printer is well connected to your system, it will display in the search result.
- In case, you are unable to find it on the list, then you can try to opt for other methods by clicking the “Printer not in list” link. Choose the desired option from the list and search for your printer by following the instructions that prompt on your screen.
- Load Papers and Ink into Your Printer
The next step of printing is to turn on your printer and load papers and ink cartridges in it.
- Send the Print Command
Once you are done with the setup, open the document you want to print and send the print command. You can find the command in the “File” section of the document. However, you can also use the shortcut for the same i.e. “CTRL+P”.
- Review the Document and Set the Settings
On sending the command, you will get to see the print preview. Check and make sure that all the settings of the document are correct as per knowledge. If required, then make the changes in the number of pages, page alignment, color of the print, size, quality, and more. If more than one printer is added, then check and ensure that the correct printer is selected.
- Confirm the print
After checking all the settings, confirm the print by hitting the “Print” tab. As you click, the printer will process your command with the help of the printer driver and start the printing.