Canon Ij Printer Utility
Enter Printer Model
Install into your System
Canon Ij Printer Utility
Canon Ij Printer Utility is a software by using which you can adjust and modify all the print settings. You can conduct multiple tasks after accessing the main interface of the software. This comprehensive guide will describe how to launch the utility software, its functions, and how to change the print settings with ease.
Launching the Main Interface of Canon Ij Printer Utility
- Locate the power button on the operational panel of your printer and turn it on.
- Click on the Apple icon which is positioned at the top-left panel on your Mac.
- From the drop-down list, you have to now select System Preferences.
- A new window will get displayed with a range of options. Select either “Print & Scan”, “Printers & Scanners”, or “Print & Fax” based on the version of your Mac.
- In the next window, select your printer. If you can’t find your printer on the Mac, check the printer network connections. Ensure that your printer and Mac are associated with the same wireless network.
- Right-click on your particular printer and select Open Print Queue.
- From the list displayed, select the Utility option.
- This will show you the “Open Printer Utility” tab. Click on it and the main interface will instantly pop-up on your screen.
How to perform the different functions of Canon Ij Printer Utility?
You can monitor the ink levels of the ink tanks, set the ink cartridge to be used, clean the ink tanks and the paper feed rollers, change the power settings, adjust the printer power settings, etc. Read the detailed instructions that are listed below to execute all the print settings.
- Clean Print Heads
It is necessary to clean your printer heads on a frequent basis in order to avoid printing errors. The print head is a key component of the printer that actually transfers the ink onto the paper. You can not print a document properly with a clogged printhead as it may lead to patchy or unclear printing. This Canon Printer Software allows you to clean the printhead without even opening the top cover of the printer. To perform the cleaning, follow the given steps:
- Turn on your printer and select the Cleaning icon from the main menu of the Canon Ij Printer Utility.
- This will bring up a new dialog box. Here, you need to select the ink group for which the cleaning process needs to be carried out.
- Following this, click Execute Cleaning. Once the pop-up box appears signifying that the cleaning is done, click Complete.
- To certify that your printer is now able to print a clear document or not, click Print Check Pattern.
- Select Your Preferred Ink Cartridge
Canon Ij Printer Utility lets you change the ink cartridge settings as per your requirements. If one of the installed ink cartridges becomes empty, you can resume printing by using other cartridges after changing the settings. For this, take a look at the below-mentioned steps:
- Launch the application and select the Ink Cartridge Settings option from the main screen.
- Among all the ink cartridges, select the one from which you want to continue printing.
- Click Apply and select OK on the confirmation pop-up box. When you print a page, the printer will use the ink cartridge that you have selected in the above step.
- Reduce the Printer Noise
Sometimes the printer makes noises while turning on that may interrupt your work. To keep your printer in silent mode, you can use Canon Printer Ij Utility. To do so, pursue the given directions:
- From the pop-up menu, select the Quiet Settings by clicking on the drop-down arrow key.
- Now, you will see different options such as “Do not Use Quiet Mode”, “Always Use Quiet Mode” or “Use Quiet Mode During Specified Hours”.
- If you want to reduce the printer noise for particular hours, select the third option. Then, select the Start Time, and the End Time as per your preference. To finalize the changes, click Apply.
- Manage the Printer Power
You can manage your printer power anytime by accessing the Canon Ij Printer Utility main menu. Suppose if you are not able to turn off your printer using its power button, you can use this utility software.
- On the main dialog box of Canon Ij Printer Utility, ensure that you have selected the Power Settings option.
- Now, click Power Off.
- A confirmation pop-up box will come into view, click OK and this will immediately turn off your printer.
- Print a Nozzle Check Pattern
With Canon Ij Utility, you can easily check the status of the printer head to confirm that it is properly working. For that, pursue the given steps:
- After launching the main screen, select the Test Print Option.
- Now, locate and click on the Nozzle Check icon.
- Thereafter, you have to load some plain sheets into the input tray.
- For printing a page, click Print Check Pattern.
- Finally, review the print result and click Quit if there is no need to clean the print heads.