If you have purchased a new MX492 printer and setting up for the very first time, you need to complete its hardware setup. Unwrap the printer, ink cartridges, and remove all the protective plastic wraps. Also, insert the ink cartridges into the correct slots and load a pile of pages into the input tray. Once you are done with this, set up the printer on your preferred wireless network by following the below-listed steps.
- The initial and important step is to turn on your router. Then, press the power button and the indicator light will be lit green.
- You will see that the printer LCD screen is blank, and to start you have to press the Copy button. There is a four-button panel on the front-side of the printer, locate the Copy button and press it..
- Now, press the Canon Printer Setup tab and the Wireless LAN Setup option will be visible on the printer display.
- Press the OK button which is positioned beside the arrow keys. Within a few seconds, you will notice scrolling text on the printer LCD screen.
- Press the Stop button and the Standard Setup screen will get displayed. Press OK and the printer will begin searching for the nearby routers.
- When your desired wireless network is detected, select it by using the right-arrow keys and then press the OK button. Now, you will be asked to input the Wifi password or access key into the passphrase field.
- Hence, type the password using number/letter keys. In addition, you can change lowercase to uppercase letters or letters to numbers using the star key.
- When you have entered all the alphanumeric characters of the wifi password correctly, press the OK button. This will show you the “Connecting” status on the printer screen.
- Once the connection is developed among both the printer and the router, press the OK button. At last, you just have to press the Copy button.
For proceeding with the Canon MX492 printer setup, download the driver now.