Canon Printer Drivers
Enter Printer Model
Enter Printer Model
Install into your System
Why is it important to install a Printer Driver?
Printer Driver is a program that gives proper instructions to the printer for operating its functions. It directs the printer and sends print requests whenever a user attempts to print a document. It clearly advises the printer where to place the ink, what ink color to be used, and what should be the font size. The printer driver enables the computer to understand the complex hardware specifications of the printer. Also, the software translated the print job data into a language that a printer can easily recognize for printing a page. Therefore, the printer driver forms a stable connection between your computer and printer.
If your printer is newly purchased, it is essential to first complete its hardware setup before installing the driver. Hardware setup includes unpacking all the key parts of your printer i.e toner, cartridges, Fuser unit, and more. Also, fit the black and color ink cartridges, feed the input tray with A4 size papers, and ready the USB/Ethernet cables. Further, you are also recommended to finish the printer network configuration before driver installation. You have various options for connection such as you can use Wireless LAN Setup method, link Ethernet cable to the router, or make use of WPS Push Button if your router is of the same technology.
Complete and Thorough Steps to Download the Printer Driver
Once the Initial Setup is successfully done, look at the steps provided below for downloading Canon Printer Drivers:
- For commencing the download process of canon printer drivers, you are needed to launch the ij.start.cannon web page. To do so, it is crucial to access an upgraded and effective web browser that meets your Operating system version. Edge Chromium, Chrome, Firefox, Safari are some of the examples of web browsers.
- After opening your preferred browser, drag and drop your cursor in the address bar. Type usa.canon.com in it and immediately press the Enter key to visit the Welcome page.
- In order to get the most suitable driver for your printer, you are requested to provide your own printer model number, for example, MX922, TS9020, etc.
- Hence, after verifying the model number on the printer identification label, type it in the search field. Then, make a selection for your specific printer name from the list presented on your screen. Following this, click Go.
- A new window including the specifications and appropriate driver for your particular printer will be seen on your screen. Select Driver & Downloads tab and you will be taken to the lower side of the page.
- Under the Recommended Driver segment, firstly monitor the auto-selected Operating System version and the Language. If the details are not correct, you can modify them as per your preference.
- Now, click on the Select tab which is positioned beside the MP Driver. Then, the Download button will instantly be visible on your screen. Click on it to go ahead with the download processing.
- The Wifi signals must be strong for finishing the Canon Printer Drivers downloading. When the download cycle is perfectly completed, the file will save in the Downloads folder. However, you can also personalize the default file location as per your choice.
Proper Instructions to Install the Printer Driver
- Access the folder in which you have previously saved the installation file. After finding the Canon Printer Drivers file, select the file, and following this, click on the Run button.
- In a few seconds, the program’s initial window will launch on your computer screen. For beginning the installation, simply click on the Next button.
- You will now be prompted to select your Place of Residence. Hence, make an accurate choice by selecting the radio button of your particular region. For moving further, click Next.
- Now, the Software Installation list window will turn up on your screen. Here, you have to mark the checkboxes of Canon Printer Drivers, Manual, and other additional software depending on your printing needs. Then by clicking Next, you will reach another page.
- To initiate the software installation, it is compulsory for all the users to link the printer with the computer. Review the printer manual that is supplied to you with the purchase. Check whether your printer can be wirelessly connected or not. Alternatively, you can acquire a workable USB cable for connection.
- When your printer is discovered by the program, select it without any delay. This will instantaneously begin the software installation and when the process gets over, you will come to see the Setup Complete window. This clearly signifies that the Canon Printer Drivers are fully installed.
- The program may display the Extended Survey Program window. You can agree or disagree with this survey as per your preference. If you click Agree, the survey will be installed and you can complete all its mandatory fields by following the on-screen guidelines. Also, it is to be noted that selecting the Disagree option will not affect the printer functionality.
- Now the Test Print window may emerge on your screen. It is suggested by Canon to check printer functions right away and for that, you should click on the Execute button. If your printer input tray is full of A4 size pages, a printed page will effectively come out from your printer.
You can monitor the ink levels of the ink tanks, set the ink cartridge to be used, clean the ink tanks and the paper feed rollers, change the power settings, adjust the printer power settings, etc. Read the detailed instructions that are listed below to execute all the print settings.
- Clean Print Heads
It is necessary to clean your printer heads on a frequent basis in order to avoid printing errors. The print head is a key component of the printer that actually transfers the ink onto the paper. You can not print a document properly with a clogged printhead as it may lead to patchy or unclear printing. This Canon Printer Software allows you to clean the printhead without even opening the top cover of the printer. To perform the cleaning, follow the given steps:
- Turn on your printer and select the Cleaning icon from the main menu of the Canon Ij Printer Utility.
- This will bring up a new dialog box. Here, you need to select the ink group for which the cleaning process needs to be carried out.
- Following this, click Execute Cleaning. Once the pop-up box appears signifying that the cleaning is done, click Complete.
- To certify that your printer is now able to print a clear document or not, click Print Check Pattern.
- Select Your Preferred Ink Cartridge
Canon Ij Printer Utility lets you change the ink cartridge settings as per your requirements. If one of the installed ink cartridges becomes empty, you can resume printing by using other cartridges after changing the settings. For this, take a look at the below-mentioned steps:
- Launch the application and select the Ink Cartridge Settings option from the main screen.
- Among all the ink cartridges, select the one from which you want to continue printing.
- Click Apply and select OK on the confirmation pop-up box. When you print a page, the printer will use the ink cartridge that you have selected in the above step.
- Reduce the Printer Noise
Sometimes the printer makes noises while turning on that may interrupt your work. To keep your printer in silent mode, you can use Canon Printer Ij Utility. To do so, pursue the given directions:
- From the pop-up menu, select the Quiet Settings by clicking on the drop-down arrow key.
- Now, you will see different options such as “Do not Use Quiet Mode”, “Always Use Quiet Mode” or “Use Quiet Mode During Specified Hours”.
- If you want to reduce the printer noise for particular hours, select the third option. Then, select the Start Time, and the End Time as per your preference. To finalize the changes, click Apply.
- Manage the Printer Power
You can manage your printer power anytime by accessing the Canon Ij Printer Utility main menu. Suppose if you are not able to turn off your printer using its power button, you can use this utility software.
- On the main dialog box of Canon Ij Printer Utility, ensure that you have selected the Power Settings option.
- Now, click Power Off.
- A confirmation pop-up box will come into view, click OK and this will immediately turn off your printer.
- Print a Nozzle Check Pattern
With Canon Ij Utility, you can easily check the status of the printer head to confirm that it is properly working. For that, pursue the given steps:
- After launching the main screen, select the Test Print Option.
- Now, locate and click on the Nozzle Check icon.
- Thereafter, you have to load some plain sheets into the input tray.
- For printing a page, click Print Check Pattern.
- Finally, review the print result and click Quit if there is no need to clean the print heads.
Many users complaints about the several driver issues such as the installation file is not opening, the program is not detecting the printer, or the driver unexpectedly stops working. These specific problems will definitely not allow any user to start the functioning of the printer. Hence for the error-free canon printer setup of and to eliminate all the driver issues, review the comprehensive and detailed troubleshooting steps:
- If the file gets downloaded but when you attempt to access the file, it shows you an error message i.e “The file can’t open”. To quickly fix it, verify that the correct OS is selected. Suppose if your Windows Operating Version is 32-Bit and you have selected the 62-Bit version, then the file will never run for installation. In this situation, you have to reach the Official web page, change the OS version, and re-download Canon Printer Drivers.
- In case the printer is not identified by the program on the Printer Detection window, it will create hindrance in the driver setup. Hence, check the USB cable which is attached to the computer and it must be appropriately fitted. But if you are using WLAN setup, assure that the same SSID is shown on the printer screen as displayed in the Wifi list of your computer.
- Sometimes any pre-installed firewall or antivirus that is running on your computer does not allow Canon Printer Drivers to install. So, if any firewall window pops up while installation, you should give your authorization by selecting the “Permit” Checkbox. Doing so, the program will effortlessly be installed on your system.
- If Canon Printer Drivers are not operating properly and not commanding your printer, the software may get corrupted. In such critical scenarios, you have to reinstall the driver. But before reinstallation, it is obligatory to delete the older file version. On Windows, you can uninstall by simply launching the Control Panel Application. Whereas on Mac, access Finder and move the installed driver file to the Trash. Then, remove the file from Trash also. Now, go to usa.canon.com and reinstall the driver.