Process to Enable Wifi on Your Wireless Printer
Here are step-by-step guidelines to establish a network connection on your printer.
- The first move is to power on your router and the printer. On the display screen, locate the Settings option from the menu and select it.
- On the next screen, find the Network Settings option by using the down-arrow key of your printer and then tap on it.
- This will show you a new window on which you are requested to select the Wifi Setup option.
- Now, you will discover three unique options i.e Wi-fi Setup Wizard, Push Button Setup, and Pin Code Setup for developing a connection between your printer and Wifi.
- As per your preference and based on your router technology, select the most suitable Wifi option. It is to be noted that if you have chosen the WPS push button option, you will be asked to press the WPS button on your router. By doing so, a stable internet connection will automatically be established.
- But if you have selected between the other two methods, the printer continues searching for the nearest Wifi networks. When all the available wifi names are displayed, you need to select the one which is in your range.
- Now, if your Wifi is password-protected, you will be asked to provide a network security key in the password field by using the on-screen keyboard.
- Tap on the Proceed tab and within some time your printer will be successfully connected to the Wifi. Now, you can easily connect Canon wireless printer to laptop.
Informative Steps to link your Canon wireless printer to laptop
In order to execute the printing process via laptop, the below-mentioned process will guide you to effortlessly connect your Canon wireless printer to laptop.
If you intend to print over a wireless network via Windows laptop, take a look at the given complete procedure for adding your printer.
- Turn on your Windows laptop and connect it to the same Wifi to which your printer is linked.
- Once your laptop connects to the network, click on the Start Menu that is positioned on the bottom-left corner of the taskbar.
- Following this, you have to select the Settings option and a new window will turn up on your screen.
- Select Devices or Devices and Printers option depending on the Windows version you are using.
- Now, different devices options will be visible on your screen on the left panel of the window. Select Printer & Scanners and then you will discover Add a Printer tab with a Plus icon. Select it to connect the Canon wireless printer to laptop.
- Searching for Printers and Scanners messages will be displayed on your screen. As your printer and laptop are connected to a common Wifi network, it will detect your printer within a few moments.
- When your Canon printer name is shown on the screen, select it for concluding the connection process. Now, you will be able to use your wireless printer from your Windows laptop.
Note: If your laptop is unable to recognize your canon printers, connect Canon wireless printer to laptop by attaching a USB cable.
- Connect your Mac to the same Wifi as your printer and then click on the Apple icon placed at the top-right corner of the screen beside the Finder option.
- A list of a few options will display, select System Preferences. On the next screen, you will observe the Print & Scan icon given under the Hardware section. Select it.
- To connect Canon wireless printer to laptop, select the Plus icon and you will see a new dialog box stating your specific printer name. Select your printer name and then click on the Add button.
- Now, you will be able to see your desired printer name in the “Printers” list indicating that the connection is successfully done.
- If your Mac could not find your printer, try installing your printer on the laptop by acquiring a USB cable.