How to Fix Canon Printer in Error State Windows 10?
Encountering a printer error state issue is quite common for printer users. This issue causes your printer to stop working and displays an “in an error state” message on your screen. Getting this error is common for all the printer brands available in the market including Canon. If you too are experiencing the same issue and are seeking a solution to get rid of this error, then you have landed on the right page. To tackle down these issues, we are providing you with step-by-step guidance. In this Canon printer error state article, you will learn to fix the issue to enjoy seamless Canon printing.
Troubleshooting Steps to Get your Printer Out of An Error State
If you are a Canon printer user and you are facing the printer error state issue, then you must fix it asap. Just like the several causes behind the error, there are several methods that you can try to fix it. We have mentioned a few of the troubleshooting procedures that will work effectively to get rid of the error.
Note: Make sure you try one method at a time and check your printer working after performing each of the procedures. If the error persists, then move to another method for error fixing.
➥ Resolve Printer Port Issues
Try fixing the port issues of your Canon printer in order to get rid of the Printer Error state message. To do so, you have to perform the given steps.
- Start off the process by running the device manager on the system. For this, press “Windows+R”. The Run box will come up. Enter “devmgmt.msc” and press “Ok”.
- As you do so, the Device Manager dialog box will be introduced on your screen.
- Next, you have to choose “Show hidden devices”. This option is placed in the list that will appear on clicking the “View” option.
- In the list of hidden devices options, look for “Ports”. Hover your mouse cursor over it and right-click on it.
- Select “Properties” from extended list options.
- Now, you need to select “Use any interrupt assigned to port”. Followed to this, you have to enable the legacy plug and play detection by selecting it and clicking “Ok”.
- This will complete the settings modification process. To end the process and resolve the port issues successfully, you have to reboot your device.
➥ Examine Printer Spooler
Canon Printer Error State Windows 10 issue can be resolved by setting your printer spooler to automatic. Printer Spooler is basically a software that helps to detect your print jobs and help you in managing them. To set it to automatic, you need to follow the given directions:
- Get the “Run” dialog box on your screen by pressing the “Windows” key along with the “R” key.
- In the search field of the dialog box, enter “services.msc” and confirm it.
- Now, you need to scroll down the Services list until you get the Print Spooler option.
- Right-click it by placing your cursor over it and choose the “Settings” option.
- Choose the “General” tab in the properties popup box and check its “Startup type”. It must be “Automatic”. However, if it is showing Manual or disable or else, then choose the Automatic option from the drop-down list and click “Ok”.
- To conclude the process and save the settings, close the dialog box, and restart your computer system.
➥ Ensure that your Printer is Online
Offline printer mode might be the reason for the display of the Printer Error State message. In order to fix this, you have to ensure that your printer is online. To check your printer status you have to:
- Move to the Control Panel of your system and choose for the “Drivers and Printers” option from there.
- Then, step forward by selecting your Canon printer. As you select your device, its details will show up on the bottom panel.
- Look for the status of your printer. It must say “Online”.
- If it’s stating “Offline”, then right-click on it and select the Online option.
Other Troubleshooting Methods that you can try:
If you are still not able to fix the Canon printer error state issue, then you can perform a few other methods too.
- You should conduct the printer driver reinstallation process i.e. remove the installed driver from your system and install a new and updated driver again.
- Run Canon printer troubleshooting on your computer system.
- Inspect the printer cable connections and ensure that they are properly fit and no cable is damaged.
- Try restarting your printer device by turning it off for a few seconds and then turn it on again.
- Check for the papers and ink of your Canon printer. If ink capacity is low, then try refilling it. In case the paper is stuck, then fix it first to resolve the error state issue.