How to set up your printer with Google Cloud Print?
Google Cloud Print is a technology through which you can simply print your documents, spreadsheets, emails over the web. Once your printer is connected to the web, you will be allowed to print from anywhere around the globe using any internet-connected device i.e Macs, PCs, Chromebooks, Tablets, or Phones.
Method 1. Setup Your Printer Via Chrome Web Browser
Follow the below-listed steps to set up your printer with Cloud Print by launching a Chrome web browser.
Step 1: Establish a Wifi connection on your printer by connecting it with the same wireless network as your computer:
- First and foremost, power on your printer, select Settings > Wireless Network > Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Doing so, a list of all the wireless networks that are near your printer will be available on your screen.
- Select the same Wifi name to which your computer is paired. Once you select the wireless network, the printer will start establishing a connection with your Wifi.
- The “Connected” screen signifies that your printer is successfully linked to the network.
Step 2: Add Your Printer To Google Cloud Print:
- Now you have to run a Chrome web browser on your Mac or Windows operating system.
- Once the browser is open, you have to click on the “More” icon which is symbolized by three vertical dots.
- A list of few options will come into view. To move ahead with the setup, select the Settings option.
- From the left side of the Settings window, you have to click on the down-arrow key given beside the “Advanced” option.
- Then, select Printing. This will bring up another window on your screen. Select the “Google Cloud Print” option which is given under the Printing section.
- In the next window, select the Manage Cloud Print Devices option. You may now be prompted to log in to your Google account. So, enter your credentials, click Login and a list of all the printers that are on the network will get displayed on your screen.
- Select the printer that you would like to connect with Google Cloud Print, and following this, click on the “Add Printers” option. This way your Classic printer will be successfully added to Cloud Print.
- If your printer is cloud-ready, open Chrome and input chrome://devices in the address bar and press the Enter key.
- Beneath the section of new devices, locate your printer model and click “Manage” given next to your printer name.
- With this, a pop-up box of Confirm Registration will come into view, click Register, and proceed to the next step.
- Now, follow the on-screen prompts displaying on your printer screen and press the “Register” or “OK” button to complete registration.
- You can also verify that your printer is successfully registered or not by visiting google.com/cloudprint. Then, select “Printers” and your specific printer model must be listed there.
Method 2. Register Your Printer To Google Cloud Using the Printer’s IP Address
- Power on your printer and load a pile of A4 sheets into the input tray.
- Locate the Stop button on your printer and press until the Alarm LED light flickers 15 times.
- Doing so, an information page will be printed and you need to look up for the IP address under the heading “IPv4 IP Address”.
- Now, launch a web browser either on your PC or smartphone and input the same IP address that is mentioned on the printout.
- The Remote UI starts and a window will be presented on your screen. Select “Google Cloud Print Setup” from the left panel of the window.
- Continuing with this, select the “Register with Google Cloud Print” option. Doing so, you will get to see a new window questioning you- Do you want to register the Google Cloud Print?. Select Yes and proceed forward for the next step.
- Following this, select the Language in which you wish to display the print settings. Then tap “Authentication”.
- With this, the “Sign In” window for Cloud Print will display on your screen. Input your Google account credentials with accuracy and click “Sign In”.
- You will now see the Confirmation window on your screen indicating that the Setup is completed. Click OK to conclude the process.
Method 3: List Your Printer On Cloud Print By Printing the Authentication Pag
- In the initial stage, turn on your printer and connect it to the network. Make sure that the network connection is stable to eliminate the setup errors.
- Then, press the Home button located on the front panel of your printer. Now, locate the “Setup” option by using the UP/Down arrows keys and then select it.
- Following this, you have to select the “Web Service Setup” option using the left-arrow key and then press OK.
- Moving ahead, you will view the Web Service Connection Setup window, tap OK.
- When the Google Cloud Print Setup window comes into view on your printer screen, press OK.
- Afterwards, you will come to see Register with Google Cloud Print window, press OK and step forward to the next step.
- Now, you will view a new window asking your confirmation to set up your printer with Cloud Print, select Yes and then click OK.
- Moving on from that, choose a language that you well-understand and in which you want to display the printer settings. So, make an appropriate selection and press OK.
- You will now be asked to print an authentication page, press OK and ensure that a stack of pages is already loaded into the printer paper tray.
- This will quickly print the authentication page. To give the confirmation, tap Yes. Otherwise, tap “No” to reprint the page.
- Spot the unique URL assigned to your printer that is mentioned on the authentication page. Enter the same URL into the web browser’s address bar. You can also use the Scan QR Reader application on your mobile and scan the code given on the authentication page to reach the Cloud Print Sign In window.
- Now, use the Google account email address and password for signing in. It will start the process of registering your printer with Google Cloud Print. It is to be noted that the processing must be completed within 14 minutes. Otherwise, you will need to repeat all the above steps.
- Once the registration is done successfully, you will see the Successful window on your printer screen indicating that the setup is completed. Press the OK button on your printer to finish the registration.
- Now, press the “Home” button to go back to the home screen of your printer. You can now easily print your documents via Cloud Print.
Resolve Issues Occur During Printer Setup
- If you face issues while setting up your printer with Cloud Print via Chrome browser, make sure you are accessing the latest version of Chrome. If not, click on the “More” icon given in the top-right corner of the browser window and select the “Update Google Chrome” option.
- Restart your printer. For this purpose, turn off the printer, detach the power cord, and power it on after a few seconds. Sometimes a simple restart resolves the setup issues.
- Ensure that your printer is connected to the same wireless network as your computer and receiving better signals. If not, Cloud Print will not detect your printer and you will not be able to complete the setup.