How to Scan a Document on a Canon Printer using Canon Scanner?
Canon Printer drivers are some of the most popular, avant-garde and ingeniously designed Printing machines. Most of the Canon Products are crafted in a way to be exceptionally beneficial to users by offering versatile functions. In other words, these cutting-edge gadgets are not just smart Printers. In fact, they serve multiple purposes including Scanning. This means you can easily scan documents and photos from your Canon Scanner Device.
Prerequisites For Canon Scanner Functions
- In the very first place, Canon Scanner requires you to ensure that the Device is properly configured to the Internet Connection. This could be with a WiFi or Wired Network as per the Connection Compatibility of your specific Printer Model.
- In addition to that, also ensure that your Computer is securely hooked to the same Network. In other words, both the Canon Scanner and your Computer must be connected to the same Network.
- Make sure that your Internet is functioning perfectly without any interruptions.
- Also, keep in mind that your Computer is properly connected to the Printing Device. Before establishing this connection, check your Printer’s Connectivity options. Some Printers come with WiFi Compatibility, while others are meant for USB Connection. At the same time, some Printers offer both the Connection Options.
- Along with that, make sure that you have successfully Installed the Canon Scanner Driver on your Computer.
- Besides that, you will also need the MP Drivers Suite on your System for unparalleled Scanning experience.
How To Scan Document On Canon Printer?
Most of the Canon Devices are meant to serve multiple functions which shows the company’s commitment to deliver highly efficient and productive solutions. The primary focus of these multifunction units are on Print, Scan and Fax functions. In this way, you get a comprehensive solution to your daily office requirements with a single compactly designed, robust machine. On one hand, you can transfer your digital files on Paper Sheets by means of its Printing function. Similarly, Canon Scanner facilitates conversion of hard copies into digital files with utmost convenience.
- First and foremost, you must ensure that your Device is properly connected to a stable Power Source like a Wall Outlet. Make sure that the Power Cable is securely plugged in to both the Wall Socket and the Printer. In addition to that, it must be turned on. For this, you must press the Printer’s Power button. As a result, it should light up its Power Lamp in green colour. Make sure it is stable. This is very important for using Canon Scanner.
- Now, you need to access the Document that you want to scan on this Device. In order to proceed further, you must properly load this Document on the Printer. For this, you should open the top lid of Canon Scanner. Thereafter, carefully place the Document on the glass platen. The Document must face downwards so that the printed side is in direct contact with the glass platen. Then, close down this lid.
- Canon Scanner guarantees utmost efficiency and productivity. As such, it allows another option to load your Document in case you have multiple sheets for scanning. In such a situation, you can use its Automatic Document Feeder (ADF).
- Next, you must go to the Control Panel of your Printing Machine.
- Here, you should press the “Home” button to get to its Home Screen.
- Thereafter, tap on the “Scan” button.
- This will bring a screen to “Select Save Location”. As such, choose the “PC” option to save the scanned document on your Computer. However, you can also select other options as per your convenience.
- In case Canon Scanner is connected to multiple Computing Devices. Then, it will prompt you to select the specific device to save the scanned document. As such, choose correctly.
- The following window requires you to change Scanner Settings according to the loaded document. To begin with, select Document for Document Type section.
- The Scan Settings section allows you to determine the specifications of the saved file. As such, tap on it. Then, make the required changes.
- You can also save the selected Settings for future. For this, simply tap on the “Save Profile” tab.
- Finally, tap on the Save Destination option if you want to set a specific location on your System. Alternatively, it will automatically save the scanned documents on your Computer’s “Documents > Scanned Documents” folder.
- After that, locate the Colour and Black buttons on the Printer’s Operation Panel. Press the Colour tab for scanning a colour document. Similarly, press the Black tab to get a black and white document.
- In certain cases, your Computer may display a Program Selection window as you press the Colour or Black button. As such, opt for Canon IJ Scan Utility. Then, click on “OK”.
- Subsequently, wait for the Canon Scanner to execute your scanning command.
Scan Documents on your Canon Printer by using Canon Scanner
- Turn on the Printer.
- Properly load the Document on your Canon Device.
- Get back to your Computer.
- Now, click on the Windows Start button.
- Select the Canon Printer App from the Applications section.
- Then, click on the “Scan” tab. Alternatively, choose your Canon Device from the given list of Printing Devices.
- On the following window, select appropriate Settings for Canon Scanner.
- Thereafter, click on the “Scan” button.
- When prompted to confirm your choice, select “Scan’ or “Save”.
- Finally, wait for the process to finish.