Install Canon Printer
Enter Printer Model
Install into your System
Install Canon Printer
The installation of the Canon printer comprises several steps. As the printer is supplied with proper packaging for its physical security, the primary step is unboxing the printer and all its key components. Then, perform the wired or wireless network setup depending on your printer model characteristics. Moreover, to take a printout, you need to send print requests to your printer. This can be done by simply installing a printer driver either using a software CD or via the Canon website “ij.start.canon“. This manual will help you in setting up your printer step-by-step. Also, the guide provides you a clear and practically applied procedure on how to print a document by launching the printer software.
Initial Hardware Setup
To Install Canon Printer, first, unbox the printer and take out all the accessories i.e cables, cartridges, CD, manual, etc. Now remove all the packing materials and orange tapes from the sides of the printer. Place the printer on a plane surface and connect the power cord. You can verify the power slot of the printer after checking its manual. Press the power button and you will notice that the power lamp will flicker first and then become solid. The next stage is to install all the black or color ink cartridges that come with the purchase of the printer. Remove the plastic wraps surrounded by the ink tanks and then open the top cover or upper lid of the printer. After identifying the black or color ink cartridges slots correctly, insert them carefully. Now it’s time to load some pages into the printer tray. Acquire a bundle of A4 size sheets, open the paper tray, and align them appropriately. This ends the hardware setup of your printer.
Perform a WPS Network Setup On Your Printer
Begin the network configuration process by pursuing the given process to Install Canon Printers.
- After switching on the printer and the router, press the Setup button from the operational panel of the printer.
- The Setup Menu on the printer screen will be shown to you. If your printer has a touch-screen display, scroll down to locate the Wireless LAN Setup option. Otherwise use the navigation keys.
- When the Wireless LAN Setup screen displays, select the WPS push button option and press OK.
- Now, press and hold the WPS Push button on your router. In a few seconds, your Canon printer will start communicating with the router.
- When the connection is done, a Confirm Settings window will come up on your printer display. Verify the router details, and press OK to install Canon printer.
How to Download the Driver?
To Install Canon Printer driver for managing your printer functions, the primary step is to visit its official website i.e usa.canon.com. It offers all the Canon printer users a secure and safe download link to set up the printer driver that will not affect the computer performance. After launching usa.canon.com, you will get to see two different options i.e Driver & Downloads and Product Registration at the top-right corner of the window. All you need to do is to select the Driver & Downloads tab and then type your Pixma, Maxify, Inkjet, or laser printer model number. In this way, you will arrive at the printer software download window. If you want to get the full package i.e driver plus extra software proposed by Canon, go to the Recommended Drivers section. Alternatively, you can also opt for Optional Drivers that consist of basic and XPS drivers. Upon making a proper choice, click on the Select option, and then tap Download.
Install Canon Printer Driver for Completing the Setup
As the driver has already been downloaded, you have to now proceed to Install Canon Printer driver. Here is an effective and full procedure that will assist you in installing the software.
- The initial step is to access the Canon Printer Setup file. Hence double-click the file after locating it from the Downloads folder.
- Now, select the Language and Place of Residence and by clicking Next, you will move to the Printer Detection window.
- If your printer’s name is not displaying on the computer screen after several attempts, you have the option to attach a USB cable to both the computer and printer.
- Once both the devices are linked either wirelessly or using a wired connection, a software list that is perfectly suited for your specific printer will appear.
- Select the required softwares, click Next, and accept the License Agreement after reading it. Click Yes to Install Canon Printer driver.
- Once the installation ends, proceed for the Test Print page. Click Execute and it will immediately forward a print request to your printer.
- By doing so, a page will be printed that will prove that your printer functions are effectively working.
- Lastly, restart your computer for concluding the “Install Canon Printer” process.
Easy Steps to Print a Page via Computer
Once you have completed, “Install Canon Printer” process, these comprehensive steps will help you in printing a page without any difficulty.
- The foremost step is to launch the printer driver that you have already installed.
- Now you have to select the “Print” option from the file menu, and following this, pick the name of your printer from the list available.
- Thereafter, click on the Properties tab and select the Page Setup option from the top-left corner of the window.
- Select the Page Size i.e the size of the document that you have formed using the application. Also, select the Output size depending on the paper you have loaded in the input tray.
- Select the number of copies that you intend to print. Then select Portrait or Landscape from the Orientation section. To move ahead, select the Page Layout.
- Now, select the Finishing tab from the upper-panel of the window. After that, make a selection for a Print Style i.e single-sided or double-sided. Then, select the Binding location, Paper Output, and click OK.
- Following this, select the Paper Source. Now you need to choose the Print Quality. For that, select the Quality tab given at the top of the window and set as High, or Standard as per your preference.
- At last, click on the OK button to start printing.